How do we celebrate and mark this special occasion?
By your request, Liz answers your questions about history, podcasting, and time travel.
About the Show
Ben Franklin’s World is a podcast about early American history.
It is a show for people who love history and for those who want to know more about the historical people and events that have impacted and shaped our present-day world.
Each episode features a conversation with a historian who helps us shed light on important people and events in early American history.
We celebrate episode 100 with a special interview with Liz Covart, historian and host of Ben Franklin’s World.
During her conversation with guest host Joseph Adelman, Liz reveals the answers to your questions. Among the topics discussed, how Liz became interested in early American history; How Ben Franklin’s World came to be and the work that goes into each episode; And, where Liz would go and who she would eat dinner with if she had a time machine.
What You’ll Discover
- How Liz became interested in early American history
- Liz’s history reading habits
- Liz’s Albany book project, America’s First Gateway: Albany and the Making of America
- What Liz would study if she couldn’t study early American history
- The origins of Ben Franklin’s World and how Liz produces and sustains it
- The preparation that goes into each episode interview
- 3 historical figures Liz would invite to dinner and why
- What Liz thinks was the most important event in Ben Franklin’s “world”
- Book of Negroes
- Aspects of early American history that have surprised Liz after 100 episodes
- How the landscape of history podcasts has changed
Links to People, Places, and Publications
- Liz Covart
- Liz’s Twitter Handle: @lizcovart
- Joseph Adelman
- Joe’s Twitter Handle: @jmadelman
- Joe’s Website
- Bernard Bailyn, The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution
- Johnny Tremain
- Lawrence Hill, The Book of Negroes: A Novel
- Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture
- Doing History: How Historians Work Podcast Series
- Flatbush & Main Podcast
- Past Present Podcast
- Pilot Episode of Ben Franklin's World
- Episode 016, Alan Taylor, The Internal Enemy
- Episode 088, Michael McDonnell, The History of History Writing
In your opinion, what might have happened if the colonies that met in Albany in 1754 had agreed to Franklin’s proposed plan to create a unified system of government?
Questions, Comments, Suggestions
Do you have a question, comment, or suggestion?
Enjoy the Podcast?
Why Not Subscribe?
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review.
Positive ratings and reviews help bring Ben Franklin's World to the attention of other history lovers who may not be aware of our show